[Foundation-l] more classical languages wikipedias approved by langcom and board of trustees.

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:33:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> These languages were not approved by the Language Committee and they would
> not be permitted under its policy.. The fact that these projects exists is
> as far as I am concerned as relevant at the once upon a time existence of a
> Wikipedia in Klingon.
>
> There is nothing new here; the current policy explicitly did not apply for
> any of the existing projects. All of these projects existed at the time of
> the start of the language policy.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

It might be worth noting that this obviously creates a double-standard,
and why we have (nearly) monthly back-and-forths about the merits
of dead/dying/extinct/zombie languages. If said projects weren't allowed
from the start, then there'd be less of an argument for inclusion.

As it stands, we hear "But those got projects, why not us?" To which the
common reply has become "That was then, this is now."

-Chad