[Foundation-l] Klassical Chinese

Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien hsiangtai.chien at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 06:40:22 UTC 2008

Personally I do not think Classical Chinese is a dead language. Here in
Taiwan I studied Classical Chinese when I'm in school (junior / senior
high). In our higher education, Classical Chinese is an optional subject as
common sense course. And we still have lots of poem writers here using the
language.

As Aphaia previously stated, Japanese people are also using the Classical
Chinese in their daily lives, maybe more than Chinese people.

If you think the language is dead, it's your own opinion. It's still alive
somewhere in the world. But, yap, it might be my own opinion, too. ;)

Regards,
Ted / H.T.
User:Htchien

There