[Foundation-l] STOP DOUBLE STANDARD!!! OR HYPOCRESY!!!

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Thu Sep 4 07:08:15 UTC 2008

geni wrote:
> 2008/9/3 Crazy Lover <always_yours.forever at yahoo.com>:
>> you don't understand anything. the nab is the policy. if a language is "dead" (no longer >native speakers) don't meet the wikimedia language proposal policy. Applying the rules, any >latin projects must be reject. It is not admisible that langcom don't apply with equality the >rule.
>
> Like all rules it breaks down under extreme conditions. Latin is a
> very extreme case. Trying to compare ancient greek to it is insulting
> to the intelligence of this mailing list.

And trying to say that they are uncomparable is insulting to my
intelligence at least.

Latin and Ancient Greek are, you admit, used in the same way, and the
only difference is the number of speakers. The number of speakers isn't
relevant for live languages, so why would it be relevant for dead ones?