[Foundation-l] STOP DOUBLE STANDARD!!! OR HYPOCRESY!!!

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:07:11 UTC 2008

2008/9/3 Crazy Lover <always_yours.forever at yahoo.com>:
> you don't understand anything. the nab is the policy. if a language is "dead" (no longer >native speakers) don't meet the wikimedia language proposal policy. Applying the rules, any >latin projects must be reject. It is not admisible that langcom don't apply with equality the >rule.

Like all rules it breaks down under extreme conditions. Latin is a
very extreme case. Trying to compare ancient greek to it is insulting
to the intelligence of this mailing list.

Latin being dead is really only a technicality. It has a lot more
activity than many live languages. Ancient greek however is a fairly
standard dead language similar to say Coptic.

> And in other mail i said, Eastern greek ortodoxe church use ancient greek as official >language, as language work.

Greece has a population of a bit over 11 million. There are over 900
million catholics around. The two are not comparable. The Holy See has
direct control over a sovereign state. Greek Orthodox not so much.

Realistically you are suggesting we treat a Ring-tailed Lemur in the
same manner as a 900 pound gorilla.

--
geni