[Foundation-l] Analysis of lists statistics: community in decline

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:11:00 UTC 2008

If the lists were diverged because volume was high and effective
communication was difficult, then it may make sense to recombine previously
diverged lists now that volume is decreasing. There is a communication trade
off in both high volume lists and a complex list hierarchy - we went to a
complex hierarchy seemingly to mitigate high volume, but with lower volume
we've retained the complex system. Simplifying it may bring people back
together. Something to consider, anyway.

Nathan