[Foundation-l] Analysis of lists statistics: community in decline

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:49:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Marco Chiesa <chiesa.marco at gmail.com> wrote:
> As regards wikiit-l, a major reason for the decrease is that most of the
> traffic has been absorbed by the Italian chapter mailing list + we created a
> ml for sysops. I'm not sure about the trend of these lists, I'll have a look
> and will report soon.

Yes, it may be a possible reason for decrease. For example, Serbian
Wikimedians were never really using any other list out of the internal
one. However, like in correlation between wikipedia-l - wikien-l -
foundation-l - metawikimedia-l -- it may be just a wrong impression.
For example, wikipedia-l in its peak in October 2002 had more emails
than all four lists have together now.

I'll prepare software to be used by others in the next couple of days,
so you would be able to analyze your private lists.