[Foundation-l] We have the problem

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 13:17:07 UTC 2008

on 10/27/08 11:05 PM, Birgitte SB at birgitte_sb at yahoo.com wrote:

> I must disagree that the systematic problem is that we don't care enough.  I
> would say it is that we cannot communicate effectively.  The barriers to
> communication throughout Wikimedia are real and not just due to some lack of
> caring.

Birgitte,

Several attempts have been made to help improve communication skills in the
Project; including something I tried to get going called "Discussion Camp"
where individuals could practice and sharpen their communication skills. It
was met with apathy.

The culture of the Wikipedia Community was set from the very beginning; and
is, to this day, perpetuated by the disciples. That is what needs to change.

Marc Riddell