[Foundation-l] We have the problem

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 17:56:05 UTC 2008

on 10/27/08 12:44 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter at putevod at mccme.ru wrote:

> Once a group of people has demonstrated such an ability, may be they do
> not need a Board resolution any more. May be they do not even need the
> Board.
>
> Having said this, I would like to support the rest of your posts in that
> currently it looks like we only have bottom-up solutions, no top-down
> solutions.

Yaroslav,

There can be no "top-down solutions" when there is no top.

I congratulate Milos' for the time and thought that went into his assessment
of the current situation, and very much agree with much of it. And, as
Nathan said earlier, "There truly is no "Wikimedia Community" leadership to
take that step." If there are persons in the Community who are willing to
take a serious look at this situation, I am willing to be a part of that
effort.

Marc Riddell