[Foundation-l] Designs and other fundraiser updates

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 22 18:57:25 UTC 2008

2008/10/21 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:
> Have you considered an audit process for the sitenotices, banners, etc. on
> the various projects to ensure they are being displayed properly? Some folks
> will recall last year's issue with ru.wikibooks, for instance, where the
> drive notices were hidden by the local administrator. I don't expect that
> level of disaffection on many projects, but its possible that administrators
> on some may not understand their responsibilities and expectations with
> regard to the drive.

What we're currently planning is this:

- Tomasz is working on a translation tool for the sitenotice that also
shows a preview of the banner with the translated text. If this works,
it will make it easier to detect obvious issues such as strings not
fitting.
- In addition, we'll interface with the community as needed to deal
with issues around site stylesheets & JavaScript. I'm sure there will
be some, and we'll try to sort these out to some extent preemptively,
to some extent as they come to our attention.

Erik
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation