[Foundation-l] Report to the Board, September 2008

Mike.lifeguard mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 22 02:13:57 UTC 2008

Thanks for the report. I guess with having this one and the previous one
so close together we're getting lots of exciting news all together.

>We provided feedback to Luca de Alfaro regarding his trust computation
>tool and potential integration into Wikimedia Foundation websites.
This is a really exciting project that I've been following on
wikiquality-l
(https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikiquality-l). If we can
get it integrated satisfactorily with MediaWiki, it will be a great tool
to use beside FlaggedRevs (speaking of which, where are all the
sysadmins, cough, cough?!).

>Further refinements have been made to the PediaPress Wiki-to-PDF tools
>to get them ready for production usage.
Again, some exciting developments here. I'm not thrilled with how this
has been implemented, but it gets the job done, and that's a helluva lot
better than the position we were in before (/me recalls the hours spent
with LaTeX for one PDF version of a wikibooks).

>We have developed one primary grant proposal related to usability and
>public outreach.
Can we get more details on this? Usability and public outreach are hot
topics right now, for myself especially.

Again, thanks for keeping us updated.

-Mike
--
  Mike.lifeguard