[Foundation-l] What's appropriate attribution?

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 21 17:52:05 UTC 2008

Michael Bimmler writes:

> Thomas, Mike, as much as I'm amused by this debate, can we drop this
> here? It's getting unproductive, really.

I confess I am amused too, which is why I indulge myself. It's a bit
as if I were to show up at a programming conference and say something
like "You know, that C++ stuff is very complicated -- it requires a
knowledge of object-oriented-programming principles, you know."

If I were really self-important, I'd repeat this C++ pronunciamento
two or three times, ideally in front of a large group.

--m