[Foundation-l] What's appropriate attribution?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 20 22:33:09 UTC 2008

2008/10/20 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
> My long standing recommendation for free content licensing in the
> context of collaborative works is well embodied in this
> recommendation:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.oro/wiki/GFDL_suggestions#Proposed_attribution_text

I think this is a very good proposal. I like the proposed modification
to only require the five principal authors to be attributed if they
are provided to begin with: It should not be the obligation of
re-users to determine who the principal authors are.

This language would, arguably, do away with the 4pt author name
listings in some publications -- which some people may consider to be
a bad thing.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation