[Foundation-l] Sub-national chapters Q&A

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 01:11:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> From your e-mail, Michael, I take it that the formation of a national
> Wikimedia chapter in the United States would not be opposed by the Board?
> There are many structures such an organization could take in order to limit
> the impact of geographic scope, including having subordinate "east" and
> "west" units that work under the national umbrella.

I don't think the board has expressed any particular opposition to the
idea of a USA national chapter. In reality, there has been so little
volunteer activity in creating one that the board has probably written
it off as a very unlikely event. There are going to be subnational
chapters in the USA long before critical mass builds behind the idea
of making a national one.

--Andrew Whitworth