[Foundation-l] Report to the Board August 2008

Mike.lifeguard mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 16 03:25:04 UTC 2008

I recall that in the interview Sue gave with the Wikipedia Weekly at
Wikimania, she mentioned that the Foundation staff and Board haven't
used the advisory council in a systematic way, and that strategies to do
so should be sought. Has any thought been put into how we can better use
that expertise, or if rethinking the advisory council is necessary?
Looking at the wiki, we have a good team of people, but they're only
useful if we tap that resource, instead of simply having blurbs on
advisory.wikimedia.org.

I don't know whether this should be addressed in the context of the
Wikimania postmortem or not, I was simply reminded as that's where the
interview was given.

-Mike

--
  Mike.lifeguard