[Foundation-l] Wikimedia finances and the economy

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 14:42:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll let someone in the know give a full answer, but in the past Sue
> has said that the easiest way (or, at least, one of the easy ways) to
> deal with a short term lack of funds is to defer planned hires. There
> are certainly hires planned that could be deferred, so I guess that's
> what they'll do if they need to.

Probably a good idea too, but not adding new spending is maybe not
going to be enough if our level of donations decreases significantly.
They would have to cut their current spending if they don't get enough
donations to cover their costs.

Admittedly it doesn't make a lot of sense to speculate about this
until we see what the donations situation looks like. For all we know
we could end up with plenty of donations and not have any problems.

--Andrew Whitworth