[Foundation-l] On Arabic and sub-language proposals.

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:36:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> As indicated earlier, the "Lebanese" request proves that the ISO-639-3
> standard is not followed blindly when giving the eligible status to a
> project.

As far as I could see from previous posts, your decision is still
inside of bureaucratic behavior. They don't have the properly named
ISO code.

> The language committee is restricted in what it can share publicly.
> Consequently not everything can be scrutinised by people who want to know
> and see everything. As I indicated earlier, the request for Egyptian Arabic
> was given extra attention.

I am interested what kinds of informations have to be confidential
when we are talking about the LangCom? Just list them and explain why.