[Foundation-l] Freedom, standards, and file formats

Jrapido jrapido72 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:32:32 UTC 2008

I do not understand why the file format rule
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/File_format_policy was not made months
ago when it was put online.

When Anthere put it online it was clear to all with open eyes that it
is already the way of our project and that it must stay to keep our
project free.

The only argument come from staff of wikimedia. When they move to San
Francisco most expensive city in the world they said they would
partner with similar minded organizations.  I wonder then how there
can be similar minds in a place so different to most of the editors.
I see now: similar minds speaks of people who exploit the public like
youtube, "myspace" and kaltura.

Now Anthere is gone and the rule is still not approved.  Frieda is
gone.  There will be no rule to prevent the staff from abusing my work
to take my freedom to make themselves more powerful and wealthy.  The
community no longer have a voice.  With wikimedia new San Francisco
USA mind they seem to not care for the reasons which made Wikipedia
different. Wikipedia is now bigger, better than encyclopedias and many
people write it without being paid but that was never the reason for
Wikipedia.  Wikipedia means freedom of the mind.