[Foundation-l] Agenda for October board meeting

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:25:22 UTC 2008

> I think your concern will not improve. After I sent my "10 wishes for
> 2008", where I tried to outline what was important to me, what I
> intended to truely put my own energy on, I was told that individual
> board members should not express such public personal opinions. That
> such documents should only be the result of a carefully brainstormed
> time between all board board members and management. That board members
> should thrive to always appear in agreement, and in particular always
> supportive of any acts of the management. In short, learn to disagree in
>  silence or quit.

Who told you that? Judging by the outrage at the proposed
"disparagement" policy (in quotes since no-one ever actually defined
the term), it seems the community is very much in favour of board
members speaking out. If it was the rest of the board telling you to
be quiet, then it's simple enough to ignore them - they aren't going
to re-elect you!