[Foundation-l] Site Notices Phase 2 - Annual Fundraiser 2008

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Fri Nov 28 14:17:06 UTC 2008

I do hope that WMF is a charity organization.

The last time I crossed the US-border in behalf of the Foundation I met
a border officer who indeed never heard anything of WikiMedia Foundation
or Wikipedia at all. And I had to explain her lengthy what the
foundation is. One of her question is:"How much money do you earn for on
the board of the Foundation?" And I answered:"Nothing, because we are a
charitative organization." I do hope that I didn't lied to her.
Otherwise I would have to fear to cross that border again.

Ting