[Foundation-l] Fwd: Have you dealt with this yet? If so,how?

Foundation-l list admin foundation-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 27 15:21:32 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dee dee <strategicdesign2001 at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Subject: Have you dealt with this yet? If so,how?
To: foundation-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org

I think the overall project ( Wikimedia Foundation) may have substantial
responsibility and negative exposure in this matter whether the En.WP
"community" or even Mr. Wales has a problem with it or not. Exposure
in the areas of privacy expectations and rules as well as misrepresentation (the
conflict between the stated checkuser protocol and the actual more secretive
protocol). Therefore, you have a responsibility for Wikimedia which requires
your involvement in addressing this protocol on EnWP which, according to the
En.WP "community" itself, -see below-, is casual,arbitrary and
publicly misleading.

So I think the very least the Foundation should do is have your
(Wikimedia's) legal department look at the
 situation.