[Foundation-l] Trademarks

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:23:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anthony, Mike - I'm sure you haven't forgotten that this is Foundation-l,
>> not Trademark 01 (or Intro to rhetoric, for that matter), but maybe we can
>> draw the discussion back to matters Wikimedia?
>>

> I would think the general council's

Oh, we created yet another council? I thought a board of trustees, an
advisory board and a wikicouncil is enough. SCNR.

>philosophical position on trademarks is
> a matter quite Wikimedia, especially since Mike says that it influences what
> he does pretty much on a daily basis.

Yes and maybe we want to leave legal issues to the legal staff? I'm
all for discussions, but there is a certain point where laymen's
advice becomes less-than-usable/efficient.

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler at gmail.com