[Foundation-l] Language codes to rename

Raimond Spekking raimond.spekking at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:49:37 UTC 2008

Brion Vibber schrieb:
> For quick background, it's pretty painful to rename a database in our
> system, and we currently have a lot of bits in our configuration that
> make automatic relationships between the database name and the domain
> name, so this has delayed renaming of some language subdomains for a while.
>
> It's not impossible to have them be different, just fairly awkward. :)
>
> I'd like to get these done soon, but before we get started, I want to
> make sure the queue is complete and ready to go. I've currently got four
> language code renames that I see being requested...

Another two candidates:

1) zh-yue -> yue. See bug 8217 and Names.php:

	'yue' => '粵語', 	# Cantonese -- (bug 8217) yue instead of zh-yue,
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/codes.asp?order=639_3&letter=y

2) zh-min-nan -> nan
	'nan' => 'Bân-lâm-gú', # Min-nan -- (bug 8217) nan instead of
zh-min-nan, http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/codes.asp?order=639_3&letter=n

Raymond.