[Foundation-l] Site Notices Phase 2 - Annual Fundraiser 2008

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 00:47:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Rand Montoya <rmontoya at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> As such, Phase 2 drafts can be found here:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2008/design_drafts. We are
> attempting to re-define the space in a different manner to encourage those
> who have not yet donated. The Quotes site notice will have 6 different
> quotes (all translated, we hope) rotated in.  We will continue the same wiki
> project specific coding and current collapse/expand features that we have
> now.  These are just drafts.

I don't know - I think it would be interesting, at least on the English
Wikipedia, to see some quotes in other languages. It would reinforce to the
people who see quotes in Chinese or Russian that Wikimedia is an
international project with broadly global goals.

Nathan

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia Foundation
today: http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate