[Foundation-l] 2008 Annual Fundraiser - Going into Phase 2

Ral315 wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:25:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great theory for 2008, except for the whole economy is screwed,
> high employment, mortgage foreclosure and general "nobody has
> any money to spare" thing.
>
> -Chad

I'm completely speculating here, but maybe the reason we're doing so well so
far is that, I'd imagine, a significant portion of our readers are in the
tech sector (at least compared to most non-profits), where job cuts haven't
yet become as widespread as they are in other sectors like manufacturing and
housing.  I don't have much for hard statistics to back up either of these
claims, so obviously, take them with a grain of salt.

I would imagine, however, that if my point is true, that future fundraisers
might not be so lucky, as the tech sector will probably experience a similar
decline over the next 18 months.

--
[[User:Ral315]]