[Foundation-l] A local chapter without Wikimedians

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:48:33 UTC 2008

Right, I should have been more explicit that I have no reason to expect that
the situation in Brasil as anywhere close to that point, I was more making
the general point of the limited direct influence the Wikimedia Foundation
has over chapters in conflict. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

To Ting's point that Foundation-l is not the right forum - I'm not sure I
agree. I imagine the problem would not have been brought here unless there
was a breakdown of communication on the other forms of exchange open to the
participants. Obviously the list itself can't take any action, but it is a
useful forum to solicit ideas and information from the wider community. I
would hope that folks from all the various Wikimedia groups would see
Foundation-l as a resource for assistance and wider views, as opposed to
"escalation" that is to be avoided.

Lastly - thank you Thomas (Buckup) for providing some more background.

Nathan