[Foundation-l] Fwd: One Laptop per Child (OLPC) and wiki

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:16:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:
> forwarded message. As always, I'm grateful if this is *not* quoted as
> "Michael Bimmler wrote", irrespective of whether I agree with the
> email.

Wikis: they are in our webpages, on our laptops, taking over our
conferences... and now in our children's homes! WHERE WILL IT END.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Being more serious, for the original poster: you might be interested
in the WikiBrowse activity, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WikiBrowse,
which is the version of Wikipedia on the XOs. AFAIK this is being
shipped on the current machines, so WMF content is being pretty
effectively used in the OLPC project already (when he's not frantic
with other things, maybe SJ could send an update on this to the the
list?).

If you'd like to help out with OLPC, there's a list of ways community
members can participate here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Participate

-- phoebe