[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] FlaggedRevs status/news?

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:53:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:53 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am quite happy to state that this is my strong opinion. I disagree however
> that a community always has primacy in considerations like this. Most
> relevant are the arguments behind the opinions expressed. When the community
> has good arguments they can get their way, when they do not they should not.
> The notion that I am not a member of the requesting community is irrelevant
> to the quality of my arguments.

The policy for fulfilling shell requests is and has always been that
they will be fulfilled if agreement of the relevant community can be
demonstrated, and they're technically acceptable and in line with wiki
principles and so on (no $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;).
The opinions of those outside the community are AFAIK not considered
when fulfilling such requests, unless they point out technical
problems or similar.