[Foundation-l] wikipedia.de shut down

Ian A. Holton poeloq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 14:06:30 UTC 2008

The controversy was about mentioning his past in the former East German
Stasi - something he had not told the truth about to the general public
during the election (according to the Wikipedia article and the sources
named, which amongst others is Der Spiegel). The information, and sources,
seem all very reliable and pass all criteria for inclusion on Wikipedia.

Techcrunch[1] also mentions claims of threats against ex-boyfriends - I
couldn't find any when I checked this morning, so they might have been
removed in accordance with policy.

This isn't the first time the German chapter has had an interim injunction
issued against them[2], but everytime the matter has been resolved in a
professional manner and the media have been very pro-Wiki.[3][4]

Ian
[[User:Poeloq]]

[1]
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/11/16/german-politician-blocks-local-wikipedia/