[Foundation-l] mo.wikipedia.org

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:38:00 UTC 2008

Hoi,
As it is, it will remain in this way unless the powers that be decide
differently.

When you read about the arguments why the Moldovan language was deprecated,
the argument was very much based on what an official Moldovan organisation
did. The people in Transnistria are effectively not part of the remit of
this official organisation and this makes it effectively another political
decision, not that I have a problem with the result because here perfection
is the enemy of the good.

The one question is, to what extend there is a difference between the
Romanian as spoken in Moldova and spoken in Transnistria. If there is a wish
to indicate such a difference, there is no proper way to indicate areas like
Transnistria because they are not part of the ISO-3166-1. Because of this
wilfull ommission the RFC falls flat on its face.
Thanks,
     GerardM