[Foundation-l] Fwd: An idea of free innovation

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 15:05:46 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikael Andersson <mikeswede at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Subject: An idea of free innovation
To: foundation-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org

I wonder if it would be possible to have
a innovation wiki similar
to Bluetooth SIG Group.

Patents lock in ideas for decades and make
products more expensive.

So my idea is that why not have a system for
innovations in Information technologies and design
in that field similar to The Bluetooth SIG Group have?

All members of Bluetooth SIG Group are not allowed
to do patents of their applications of the Bluetooth standard.

What I mean is a similar system where companies can find
ideas but they are not allowed to make patents of the ideas they would
find on innovation wiki.
The progress in Information Tech is so rapid but patents lock
in more ideas and development which is bad for making ideas
to products that could be cheaper without the patent system.

So can this be something for wikipedia foundation?

Sincerely
Mikael Andersson
in Gothenburg, Sweden

--