[Foundation-l] Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:40:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi,
> If they decide not to, and they can dismiss it only to a smaller banner,
> there is guilt that may drive them to donate at a later moment. When they
> are not reminded at all we have lost that opportunity.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

Trying to guilt someone into donating isn't exactly nice...

Like I said, if someone wants to donate, by all means we should
make it easy and accessible and welcome it with open arms. If
they don't, forcing the "please donate now" message down their
throats is both rude and nonconstructive.

-Chad