[Foundation-l] Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Fri Nov 7 19:04:20 UTC 2008

Robert Rohde wrote:
> I can only assume you weren't around at the start of last year's
> fundraiser when the scrolling marquee of death made people want to
> storm the WMF with pitchforks and torches.
>
> By comparison, the complaints this year seems tame.

Indeed.  Every fundraiser brings out a few pitchforks, sometimes because
of things we've done badly, but other times based on general principles.

At the same time, I think the request that it be made dismissible or
collapsible are directly on target.  Since the option exists in user
preferences, surely it can be exposed with only a little effort.

--Jimbo