[Foundation-l] Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:45:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I don't remember this sort of strong negative reaction before - is it
> expected? Are we seeing something a little different this year in terms of
> reaction? Has it translated into any change in the pace of donations?

Hm? Every previous one has had strongly negative reactions from some
contributors.

(I do not know for sure if this is better or worse but, for example,
to me it appears appears far less significant at this point compared
to the reaction at the time of the virgin unite thank-you.)

The general public is already banner-blind. I'm not aware of any
significant negative response from the general public to any of these
fundraisers.