[Foundation-l] Regarding the Fundraising Banner

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:17:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> An international money transfer does cost as much in European Community as
> it costs to transfer money within your country. This means that all
> Europeans should be able to transfer money to Belgium at this same cost.
> However, I have been told that some Italian banks do not comply with this
> European directive.

It's true.

The countries which uses Euro or have some agreements with EU (ie
Switzerland) has reduced all costs for international money transfer in
Europe. Switzerland has followed this way at the end of this year.

A money transfer in Italy from Switzerland, for example, some months
ago has had a cost of 5 CHF, today some banks apply the some costs of
internal money transfer.

Ilario