[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:00:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:23 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> CC-BY-NC and ND are unlikely to die but I suspect there will over time
> be an increased understanding of the differences between free and
> semi-free licenses. Dropping wikipedia onto the free side of the line
> should help with that.

CC-BY-NC and ND may have some "appropriate" uses, but not for
reference works.  I think in the future it might be good if Creative
Commons considered "individualizing" their several licenses, so that
they have clearly different names (I'm fond of color coding, like
"Creative Commons Red license") and maybe even have "recommendations"
about which types of licenses may be most appropriate for different
kinds of subject matter.

Thanks,
Pharos