[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

psychoslave at culture-libre.org psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Tue Nov 4 14:26:10 UTC 2008

>>> Not to mention the uncertainty that arises from the lack of an
>>> aggregration clause in the FAL.
>>>

>>> Bryan
>>
>> What do you mean by "aggregration clause", I fail to understand ? Could
>> you tell it with other words, please ?
>>

> The aggregration clause is a clause in the GFDL that allows you to
> combine both GFDL and non-GFDL work into one aggregration. We rely on
> this clause to embed non-GFDL images in GFDL text.
>
> The FAL does unlike the GFDL and CC licenses not contain such a clause
> and it is undetermined whether you can legally use FAL work in
> combination with GFDL or CC licensed work. (AFAIK, IANAL)

Well there is this text in the FAL :
4. INCORPORATION OF THE WORK
Incorporating this work into a larger work that is not subject to the Free
Art License shall not challenge the rights granted by this license.
If the work can no longer be accessed apart from the larger work in which
it is incorporated, then incorporation shall only be allowed under the
condition that the larger work is subject either to the Free Art License
or a compatible license.

As far as I understand it, this this is what you are talking about, isn't
it ?