[Foundation-l] Brief update on board meeting

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 06:29:23 UTC 2008

I'm almost scared to post this because it's liable to get lost in all
the other traffic (what was that about a decline in activity on this
list again? Not that this makes the concerns invalid, of course). But
the board did have its scheduled meeting on IRC, and I wanted to quickly
report some of the business we covered.

First of all, we voted to approve new Wikimedia chapters for Hungary and
Norway. Congratulations and welcome to the new chapters! (Maybe that
will clear up a question or two that came up in one of the other threads.)

Secondly, we approved the completed financial statements for the 2007-08
fiscal year, as audited by KPMG. We're happy to have finished the audit
in a successful and timely fashion and look forward to the upcoming
fundraising drive. As a housekeeping matter, we also passed a resolution
needed by our bank in connection with having a brokerage account (used
to process donations of stocks).

Everyone attended and all of the resolutions passed unanimously. That's
all I have time for right now, there's a lot going on - not just for me,
it looks like.

--Michael Snow