[Foundation-l] Please help debug new fundraising pages
erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 4 02:33:24 UTC 2008
If all goes well, we will begin publicizing our annual campaign for
2008-2009 tomorrow, using sitenotices, a press release, etc. (Yes,
we're aware of that little election happening at the same time - it's
not entirely unwelcome.) We've just taken the new donation front-end
(and related links.)
You can also test our initial batch of site-notices here:
(If you're logged in, you may have to reset your interface language.
The notice should reflect the existing translations.) Click "random
page" a few times to see the different notices. If you give, the
thermometer should update within 10 minutes or so.
Please report any issues on-list or off-list to <rmontoya at wikimedia
dot org>. When reporting issues, please make sure you tell us your
browser configuration and operating system.
Known issues to be addressed over the coming days and weeks, not in this order:
1. Translation of non-Core pages to more languages.
2. Longer, searchable Live Comments features
3. Set minimum donation script for $1 (or equivalent)
4. Next set of 3 or 4 site notices
5. Enable wiki-specific site notices for other wiki projects. i.e. The
site notice for Wikibooks would read "Wikibooks is a non-profit project:
6. Re-launch the donations page with the Chapter related giving options
7. Rupees as a currency.
8. Re-work the Stories page for translating.
9. Take live the new "Thank you" page shown after donations (
Thanks to the fundraising & tech teams for all their work on this so far. :-)
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation
Support Free Knowledge: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate
More information about the foundation-l