[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 02:24:25 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
> 2008/11/3 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>> What are the terms of the agreement? There are various ways of
>> implementing duel licensing and I would like to know which ones are
>> legit.
>
> [begin quote from Richard]
> * ALL contributors agree to the following:
>
>  Wikipedia can release their newly written text
>  under both GFDL and CC-BY-SA in parallel.
>  However, if they imported any external material
>  that's available under CC-BY-SA and not under GFDL,
>  Wikipedia is bound by that.

True but pretty much a given

> * All old revisions are released under GFDL | CC-BY-SA.

If we are to switch this has to be the case yes (to be exact GFDL 1.?-.3)

> * All new revisions are released with this license statement:
>
>  This page is released under CC-BY-SA.
>  Depending on its editing history, it MAY also be available under
>  the GFDL; see [link] for how to determine that.
> [end quote from Richard]

This allows us to not duel license anything added to wikipedia after
the switchover so if the switchover is november 30 you can determine
if the article is duel licensed by seeing it has been edited post Nov
30 2008. That would appear to simplify matters.

--
geni