[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 3 23:50:52 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com>:
> Just out of curiosity, how does this apply to miscellaneous projects that
> don't
> fall under the normal "content" wikis (all the private wikis are GFDL, for
> example).

Interesting question. We might keep the private ones GFDL, or switch
them to a similar dual-licensing arrangement with the permission of
the contributors. Projects not currently using GFDL will be
unaffected.

> Also, MW.org? The Help: namespace is licensed under PD, so the relicensing
> can't touch that.

Yes, it won't touch that. PD is a good thing. :-)
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation