[Foundation-l] Social networking (was: Analysis of lists statistics: community in decline)

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 23:08:26 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Only a few of our Wikipedias have a reasonable coverage of the subjects that
you expect in an encyclopaedia. As this is at the start of your argument, i
find that I have to disagree. I do however agree that improved usability
will improve quality. When you consider the Commons content, it is easy to
argue that improved language support will make it easier for people who
read/wite other languages to contribute and thereby remove some of the
existing bias.

When you observe the cooperation that happens through the skype channels of
"not the Wikipedia Weekly" to be called "Wikivoices" you will agree that it
is indeed greater cooperation that will become easier from implementing
social software. There is a need for social software because it can and does
provide tooling that enhances cooperation in creating quality content work.
Thanks,
      GerardM