[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:21:07 UTC 2008

> Any CC-BY-SA import from an external source requires attribution, so
> we may use this as an opportunity to standardize how we want to
> attribute externally imported content.

Sounds like a plan.

> However, I think we need to
> keep the obligations absolutely minimal: an author should not have to
> understand the meaning of dual-licensing in order to be able to import
> CC-BY-SA-only content.

If possible, that would be great, but I'm not sure it will be. The
contributor needs to tell everyone else what license the content is
under (that's a requirement of both CC-BY-SA and GFDL, I think, and is
also required by common sense), that requires a certain level of
understanding.