[Foundation-l] GNU FDL 1.3 released!

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:24:03 UTC 2008

I see that the FAQ has a different take on the matter than is suggested by
its actual text, or at least the actual license text is more clear than the
FAQ. The FAQ suggests having a passed deadline is designed to prevent the
wholesale addition of text released under FDL in order to relicense it
CC-BY-SA. That would work fine with the text as its written, and would seem
only to require the deletion of FDL content originally published elsewhere
that is added to Wikipedia after Nov 1. I think the volume of "published
elsewhere" content added to Wikipedia is relatively small these days, isn't
it?

Nathan