[Foundation-l] Fwd: ISO 639 JAC decision re mo/mol

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:10:15 UTC 2008

Hoi,
With the ISO 639-3 standard we have the best standard that is available. It
is the only standard that ties in with what we do; publish on the Internet.
When you know about the policies of the language committee, you would know
that it only expresses opinions about requests for new projects and
languages. The question of what I personally find is not that relevant as a
consequence.

I am not interested into our Moldavian issue per se, I have found and I
still find that it is very much a political issue. An issue that has been
dealt with by the closure of the wiki. When I look at how comparable
situations were dealt with elsewhere, I am not impressed. Let it be clear
that the mo code is still legal. It may still be used.
Thanks,
      Gerard