[Foundation-l] "Expertise" board seats: the NomCom invites your feedback

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 00:42:09 UTC 2008

Sebastian Moleski wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to acknowledge the fact that local associations are apparently
>> unable to create a separate mailing list for discussing the nomination
>> of chapter representatives. It did not appear to me to be a huge
>> unaccessible task, but unfortunately, that's a fact. Not the right
>> infrastructure I guess.
>> I even envisionned to create a Google list, that the idea really turned
>> me off :-)
>
> For what it's worth: a simple e-mail to info at wikimedia.de or me
> personally would have sufficed. We use a very good hosting company
> that allows us to create mailing lists without much effort. Setting up
> a wiki would have been easy too. I'm glad though that now we seem to
> have found someone who will take care of setting this stuff up.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sebastian
> Interim Executive Director
> Wikimedia Deutschland

Okay Sebastian.

Thank you for this comment.

Your feedback and Michael one show me that I was incorrect. The issue is
not that chapters can not do such things, but rather that discussion do
not take place at the right location. Because that's the place I
discussed the issue was the internal mailing list and it did not foster
such a reaction ;-)

I note the information for later :-)

Ant