[Foundation-l] Analysis of lists statistics: community in decline

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 00:07:29 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Brianna Laugher
> <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it too much to say we need our own Facebook? If only Ning was open source.
>
> I've done some a little research on this issue, and this appears to be
> the most promising option:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elgg_(software)
>
> It's open source, relatively popular, and is used in academic communities.

Looks neat. I also note <http://openacademic.org/> which is apparently
trying to achieve some integration of Elgg, Moodle, Drupal and
MediaWiki. MediaWiki-related posts:
<http://openacademic.org/taxonomy/term/4>. I think they are just
talking about using OpenID + Special:Export/Special:Import to share
data, which to my mind is not particularly integrated, but I guess
it's something.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/