[Foundation-l] "Expertise" board seats: the NomCom invites your feedback

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 21:04:06 UTC 2008

Michael Bimmler wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Note that I made a request on bugzilla for a wiki.
>> If you think you can make it, I'll put the request on bugzilla on hold
>> Michael. If you can do it, great.
>>

> Update:
>
> Yes, Wikimedia CH, through our webmaster and -hoster,  will gladly
> provide both a (MediaWiki) wiki and a (Mailman) list.

Real neat. Now, there is a competition between Schiste and you !

> I can't remember, are all chapter board members supposed to have
> access or also "delegates" like on internal-l?  Or shall we make it
> "public viewing, restricted editing-posting" now?

There was never such a decision, because we never had the opportunity to
discuss that all together. I suggest that for now, we make it
view-restricted to members and have all chapter board members join.
Because ultimately, the decision will be made by chapters and more
precisely by boards of chapters, who are legally responsible of
decisions made by their organization.

When all board members are together on the wiki, we can open a
discussion to decide whether we collectively agree to open it more or not.

And: do we have the
> email addresses of all the chapter board members somewhere in a neat
> list so that I don't have to pick them manually from internal? I
> thought Delphine had solicited addresses for a directory once, does
> that one exist somewhere now?

I fear we do not. It seems to me that the best route is to ask every
chapter to nominate one person to be the contact; and give
admin/bureaucrat rights to this delegate. Then each delegate is in
charge of creating accounts for his chapter.

Seems to me the best way so that nobody is forgotten, and no outdated
name is added.

Ant