[Foundation-l] Social networking (was: Analysis of lists statistics: community in decline)

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 18:24:27 UTC 2008

on 11/2/08 1:40 PM, Milos Rancic at millosh at gmail.com wrote:

> * If the point is that a part of the community doesn't want to have
> social networking because of the principles...

A sidebar: When The Apple Computer organization was created, a conscious
decision was made by its creators to establish a company culture that was,
by existing corporate standards, considered informal. This encouraged
creativity, reduced stress and produced a culture of tolerance and,
ultimately, a great product. Their mission was to create the best damn
computer a creative mind in a creative culture could produce. "Socializing"
among its employees was not only encouraged, but the ability to socialize
was almost a prerequisite for being a part of the team.

The quality of a culture can be measured, in part, by what that culture
produces.

Be healthy,

Marc Riddell