[Foundation-l] Baidu Baike changed their licensing policy

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 13:51:14 UTC 2008

2008/11/2 Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de>:
>I cannot say why they introduced that peace of paper which is
> totally inunderstandable, by assuming good will I suggest that is
> because they are clueless and don't understand the cc-license

They are big enough to afford serious lawyers if they want to
understand the license they would have no problem doing so. I suspect
that they want more original content and have picked up that in some
cases free content licenses can help in this area.

It is also likely the case that for the time being Baidu Baike is more
concerned about Hoodong than us.

--
geni