[Foundation-l] New Wikimania security report posted

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Fri May 30 19:24:07 UTC 2008

Dear folks,

The second of the security consulting firms we've been working with on
developing a security profile for Wikimania in Alexandria has released
its report for our publication.  The second firm is Stratfor
Protective Intelligence, and their report can be found here: <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Alexandria%2C_Egypt_-_Security_Assessment_and_Recommendations.pdf

Stratfor has a "Welcome, Wikimedia Members" page at <https://www.stratfor.com/campaign/welcome_wikimedia_members
 > in case you want to consult with them on other matters.

The first report, from Clayton Associates, continues to be available
here:  <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Egypt_country_profile_04-22-08.pdf
 >.

The initial Wikimedia Foundation "Alexandria Security FAQ" can still
be found here:
<http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Security_FAQ>.

I hope the consensus here is that the Foundation has been responsive
to security concerns raised on this list and elsewhere. We have tried
to assemble a full range of resources for those who have raised these
concerns.

--Mike Godwin
General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation